Shreveport Drain Cleaning
Keeping Drains Flowing in Bossier City, Caddo Parish & Bossier Parish
Dealing with chronically slow or clogged drains is frustrating. Additionally, drains with frequent clogs or backups may be an indication of a larger problem lurking in your drain system. If you are tired of dealing with poorly performing drains, call our Shreveport drain cleaning specialists for help. At Bobby L. Greene Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc., we provide services to all of Bossier, and we are prepared to put our decades of experience to work for you.
Tips to Protect Your Drains From Clogs
People’s everyday habits can have a profound impact on their homes’ plumbing, for better or for worse. Unfortunately, knowing what’s good and bad for your home’s plumbing isn’t always common knowledge. When it comes to the drains, in particular, there are some key points that everyone should know to avoid problems like smelly sinks and nasty clogs. Keep these tips in mind to keep your drainage system healthy and clog-free:
- Use drain guards: Drain guards are a great way to keep your plumbing clear of potential clog-causers. Use drain guards in your kitchen sink to keep food from ending up in your pipes. Mesh drain guards are also great for showers and bathtubs because they catch loose hair.
- Keep grease, oil, and fat out of your sink: When cooking with grease, oil, or fat, it’s better to throw them in the garbage than to rinse them down the drain. If needed, you can save cooking grease in an empty jar or milk carton in your refrigerator until you’re ready to throw it out.
- Flush hot water down your kitchen drain after washing dishes: Even if you aren’t pouring grease down the drain, your dishes will still be greasy when you wash them and may contain oily food remnants. Running hot water down the drain will help keep those food remnants moving through the pipes and prevent them from coating the pipe walls.
- Run some ice through your garbage disposal: This is a quick and easy way to “clean” your garbage disposal. As the impellers rotate and grind through the ice, the ice pieces clear away grease and grimy food remnants.
- Use liquid soap instead of bar soap: Bar soap tends to form tougher soap scum than liquid soap. Over time, that scum accumulates on your pipe walls and can contribute to clogs.
- Don’t flush any trash down the toilet except for toilet paper: That means no napkins, “flushable” wipes, facial tissue, dental floss, cotton balls, feminine hygiene products, or anything else that isn’t toilet paper. The only reason our plumbing systems can accept toilet paper is that the sheets are made to break down quickly when touched by water. Other paper will hold its shape for much longer, which could result in a clog.
Call (318) 771-7551 to schedule a professional drain cleaning service in Shreveport, Bossier City, or any of the nearby areas!
Signs You Need to Unclog Your Drain
Your drains receive daily use, and though designed to last for years, they do require maintenance and repair from time to time. Intrusion from plant or tree roots, the buildup of grease and sediment in your pipes, and corroded pipes can all lead to a problem with your drains. Knowing the symptoms of a drain problem can help alert you to call a professional drain plumber for drain cleaning services near you.
Symptoms of a drain issue include:
- Slow or clogged drains
- Frequent sewer backups
- Noisy drains or gurgling pipes
- Strange odors coming from drains
- Burst pipes
- Wet spots in your yard near your sewer line
In addition to helping you with drain repair, our plumbers in Shreveport can help you establish a drain maintenance routine. Staying on top of your drain maintenance can save you money and reduce the chances you'll need to unclog your drain. In addition to extending the life of your plumbing system, you can catch problems and correct them before they become out of hand.
Are Liquid Drain Cleaners Safe?
When drain clogs appear, the first inclination of many people is to reach for a bottle of chemical drain cleaner instead of calling a plumber. While this may be a cheap solution, the truth is that liquid drain cleaners may actually end up doing a lot more harm than good, potentially costing you more money down the road. Because these chemicals are so caustic, they could end up damaging older pipes or pipes made from certain materials. These chemicals also only take care of the symptoms of the clog rather than dealing with the underlying issue, which could range from the intrusion of tree roots in your water or sewer lines, or putting the wrong things down your drain. It's always a better idea to leave the job to an experienced professional who can take care of the clog safely and keep it from coming back.
Superior Customer Service Is Our Priority
At Bobby L. Greene Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc., we know how important it is to work with plumbers you can trust. Since 1959, we have been proud members of the Shreveport community, and our plumbers provide top-quality services with a focus on customer service. We are a family-owned, local business, and when you work with us, we treat you like family. In addition to offering financing options, we will never pressure you to buy services and products you don’t need. We also offer a variety of discounts such as military discounts, senior discounts, and police and fire department discounts.
Call today or contact us online to schedule a drain cleaning service in Shreveport!
Can't say enough good things!- Chris R.
They go above and beyond to do the job and get it done- Kandace D.
I couldn't be happier with their services.- Sara H.