Shreveport Slab Leak Detection
Protecting Your Property from Costly Water & Mold Damage
Regardless of the type of property you have, your plumbing will run beneath your concrete foundation. This often means that your pipes are out of sight and out of mind. That is…until a leak occurs. While all plumbing leaks are nuisances, slab leaks, or those that exist beneath your property’s foundation, are especially troublesome. Because they’re hidden, slab leaks, unfortunately, can go undetected for quite some time, resulting in costly property damage and even serious threats to your health should mold or mildew begin to grow.
Fortunately, our team at Bobby L. Greene Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc. is highly skilled when it comes to slab leak detection in Shreveport. Since 1959, we’ve worked hard to establish our reputation as a team of caring plumbers you can always rely on to get the job done.
Reasons Why Slab Leaks Occur
There are many different things that can cause slab leaks. One of the most common causes of them is natural erosion.
Other naturally occurring reasons slab leaks occur include:
- Corrosion due to chemicals in the soil beneath your property
- The build up of excess pressure due to the earth shifting
- Abrasion due to the pipes rubbing up against the concrete slab
- Hard water leading to internal corrosion due to mineral build up
Human error can also be to blame for a slab leak. Construction projects are frequent causes of them because it can be easy to dig a bit too deep and accidentally puncture a pipe. Similarly, a poorly installed plumbing system can leave your pipes more prone to developing leaks.
Common Signs of Slab Leaks
Because of their location deep below your property’s foundation, it can often be difficult to tell you’re experiencing a slab leak until costly damage has been done. However, being aware of the common signs will help you identify one earlier.
We recommend calling our Shreveport slab leak detection specialists if:
- Your water bill has increased suddenly for no apparent reason
- You’ve noticed mold or mildew growth or a constant musty odor in your property
- Your water meter is showing a higher level of activity than your typical usage
- You hear the sound of running or trickling water when all of your faucets are off
- Your water pressure has significantly dropped
- Your water heater is cycling more than it typically does
- You see visible signs of water damage, such as cracking walls or warping floors
- Damp carpeting
- Random warm spots within your property’s flooring
- Water pooling in locations it shouldn’t be
How We Perform Slab Leak Detection
Before our plumbers can repair the leak, we must first detect its precise location. Rather than dig up your entire property, performing costly excavation to access the entirety of your pipe system, we resort to state-of-the-art equipment that allows us to pinpoint the leak’s exact location. Examples of such equipment include thermal imaging devices, moisture detectors, and sonar listening devices. Once we determine its location, we can get to work repairing the issue.
Can't say enough good things!- Chris R.
They go above and beyond to do the job and get it done- Kandace D.
I couldn't be happier with their services.- Sara H.