Shreveport & Bossier City Slab Leak Detection
Protecting Your Property from Costly Water & Mold Damage
Regardless of the type of property you have, your
plumbing will run beneath your concrete foundation. This often means that your
pipes are out of sight and out of mind. That is until a leak occurs. While
all plumbing leaks are nuisances, slab leaks, or those that exist beneath
your property’s foundation, are especially troublesome. Because
they’re hidden, slab leaks, unfortunately, can go undetected for
quite some time, resulting in costly property damage and even serious
threats to your health should mold or mildew begin to grow.
Fortunately, our team at Bobby L. Greene Plumbing & Heating Co. is highly skilled when it comes
to slab leak detection in Shreveport. Since 1959, we’ve worked hard
to establish our reputation as a team of caring plumbers you can always
rely on to get the job done.
Scheduling service is easy! Just call (318) 771-7551
or fill out our online request form.
Reasons Why Slab Leaks Occur
There are many different things that can cause slab leaks. One of the most
common causes of them is natural erosion.
Other naturally occurring reasons slab leaks occur include:
- Corrosion due to chemicals in the soil beneath your property.
- The buildup of excess pressure due to the earth shifting.
- Abrasion due to the pipes rubbing up against the concrete slab.
- Hard water leading to internal corrosion due to mineral build up.
Human error can also be to blame for a slab leak. Construction projects
are frequent causes of them because it can be easy to dig a bit too deep
and accidentally puncture a pipe. Similarly, a poorly installed plumbing
system can leave your pipes more prone to developing leaks.
Common Signs of Slab Leaks
Because of their location deep below your property’s foundation,
it can often be difficult to tell you’re experiencing a slab leak
until costly damage has been done. However, being aware of the common
signs will help you identify one earlier.
We recommend calling our Shreveport slab leak detection specialists if:
- Your water bill has increased suddenly for no apparent reason.
- You’ve noticed mold or mildew growth or a constant musty odor in
- Your water meter is showing a higher level of activity than your typical usage.
- You hear the sound of running or trickling water when all of your faucets are off.
- Your water pressure has significantly dropped.
- Your water heater is cycling more than it typically does.
- You see visible signs of water damage, such as cracking walls or warping floors.
- Damp carpeting.
- Random warm spots within your property’s flooring.
- Water pooling in locations it shouldn’t be.
How We Perform Slab Leak Detection
Before our plumbers can repair the leak, we must first detect its precise
location. Rather than dig up your entire property, performing costly excavation
to access the entirety of your pipe system, we resort to state-of-the-art
equipment that allows us to pinpoint the leak’s exact location.
Examples of such equipment include thermal imaging devices, moisture detectors,
and sonar listening devices. Once we determine its location, we can get
to work repairing the issue.
To schedule slab leak detection in Shreveport, call (318) 771-7551
or send us a message online. We offer free estimates on large-scale jobs.